Alassa is just 12 km from Lemesos on the road to Platres. It is located north of Kouris dam with great view of it. The village was moved to its present location in 1985 due to the dam construction.
Alassa’s history began in the 17th century BC and the community was slowly abandoned by its residents through the coming centuries. Its life restarted in 1881 AD as a small community of 23 residents. In 1930 the population grew so much, that today there are around 200 residents.